Wednesday, July 27, 2011

August 25 and an Answered Prayer

Ah, the gladiolus, flower of the gladiators, flower for the birth month of August, whose name means "little sword" are not only beautiful specimens of fauna, but are oh so fitting for my little Warrior Baby who will join us in August. It now looks like her debut will be on August 25th to be precise!

For a while now, I've felt lost in the sea of medical professionals in charge of my care and my baby's care. Thankful to each of them to be sure, but lost all the same. With the way things were left at my last appointment, I had a vague idea that the delivery day might be Aug 22nd. But that was contingent on many factors, none of those factors being what worked out for me! lol But today when I went in for my OB apt, I met a wonderful doctor who was positive about my baby and just talked about her like a baby and not some sort of additional liability or problem. I asked him if, given the new circumstances, there would be any chance of me getting to pick my delivering OB or if I would just draw from the hat whoever was on call when I finally got the last minute details sorted. Well, this doc took what the MFM doc had to say about delivering week 37 into account and went ahead and scheduled an O.R. room for me on Thursday August 25th at noon!  He said he would schedule any of the OB's I'd met to be my delivering OB; I could take my pick!!  Amazing! I asked him if he would be available, not sure how he'd feel about it, but he smiled and said it would be his honor! His honor!!

God willing, we will see the MFM that morning, get the amnio results back and be cleared for delivery as scheduled at noon. I am still not sure what is going on with Evangeline's surgeons that day and I suppose that could cause things to be rescheduled, BUT STILL, somebody took what I wanted into account! I wanted to know who would deliver my baby, and this wonderful doctor accepted the job! He also said he will be the one I see on all future visits! No more doctor shuffle. I told him on the way out that I wanted to hug him but knew it would be inappropriate.  He just laughed and threw out his arms for the hug. I felt like crying I was so happy.

This was such an unexpected answer to prayer for me. Sometimes its the "little" prayers getting answered that can lift your spirits like none other. I have been making an extra effort to be verbally thankful to the Lord for the things I am believing Him for.  Just this morning I thanked him for more answers in regards to delivery and knowing what was going on. I thought I was thanking him for what I'd find out on the 18th of August when I go back to the MFM. I never dreamed I could find such help and reassurance today, much less actually get my OWN doctor!  I feel so much better about going into surgery knowing who will be behind the curtain with the scalpel and the sutures!  Thank God for all he has done to help me as I travel down this road!

I know the details can still change. There are a lot of things to get sorted out, but I cannot explain what a shot in the arm it is to be able to feel like I have some say, some choice, in all these important things happening all around me.

I have also had some other blessings this last week. A great big one involves a more relaxed schedule. I am now set up to work mostly remotely, only going into the office when I absolutely need to. I am too tired to walk much and the baby dislikes all the sitting I was doing. She prefers the reclined position where she has more room to roam. The new schedule lets met get through the day without feeling so drained. I am no longer having to drag my body through the daily routine; instead I can adapt my routine to what my body can do. This is truly a gift from God (and some VERY understanding bosses!) And I cannot say what a difference this past week has made for me physically and mentally. I feel so much more like myself!

So all in all, as I continue with my new commitment to thanking God as if I have already received my blessings, I find it much easier than I imagined. I truly am a blessed woman.

"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation." Psalm 13:5

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a blessing!!! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. getting closer & closer...I have been up for over 48 hrs, I really need sleep, but like a good book, I will finish this blog!!! giggle
    hugs, Deby

    ReplyDelete