Thursday, December 8, 2011

December Update

I fear my wee one may think a head rub is a form of greeting in our family.  Everybody pretty much rubs her head whenever they see her...checking her soft spot...which, by the way, is still soft. Hurray! Her next MRI is on the 28th and she goes back to see Dr. Aldana for the results on the 30th.

She is growing well.  She has strong core muscles, but still isn't holding her head steady.  We are working on it with extra tummy time. She smiles all the time and is growing more vocal every day. 

Prune juice has finally proven to be a reliable answer to the perpetual poo problem.  The apple juice kept things softer, but she reuqired something else to get things moving. Either Miralax to make things even softer or liquid glycerine babylax, which we alternated ever day or so. The prune juice we give every day now with two parts baby apple juice and we get consistant results. Still we have an apt. with the GI clinic at Nemours on the 12th to get her in with them before the "spinal defects clinic" in Feburary.

Our family has gone through some pretty big changes lately: A move and the need to find new jobs.  Some things have happened that we wouldn't have chosen, but I'm not as stressed about those changes as I might otherwise be.  I am just glad that the family is together, safe and healthy. 

The hubby and I have weathered so many storms in the past few years, we've become experts at battening down the hatches.  I have real peace that the storm will pass and the sun will shine on us all again soon. Until that time, there is something good to be found in the rain.

2 comments:

  1. You don't know me but I found you through my daughters blog followers. Our daughter is pregnant and her baby girl has been diagnosed with SB. She went through the fetal surgery to close Callista's lesion. She is now 28 weeks today. It has been heart breaking. But anyways I have found your strength to be inspirational. I will also keep you and your family in my prayers. Our daughters blog is http://callistasjourney.blogspot.com/2011_12_01_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite quotes.... Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. (or something like that). Keep on dancing!

    ReplyDelete