Monday, August 22, 2011

Boo-Hoo

This post doesn't have anything to do with spina bifida. It mostly has to do with being pregnant. I have a lot to get done this week both at work and at home before the "big day" next Monday and my strange new mood issue isn't helping me a bit. I've been pretty lucky with this pregnancy. I've had the so called "placenta brain" where I forget random things, but I haven't had the mood swings that a lot of other ladies have to deal with. I've mostly been myself. For the past few days however, I've felt very much NOT like myself. I've felt like a toddler in need of a nap. I've been cranky and whiny and it seems like I'm always perched on the verge of tears.

I'm sane enough to know there is no reason for this...no "real" tangable reason anyway. Yet, I'm letting any little thing get to me way beyond the measure it deserves. I can only assume this has something to do with hormone changes in late pregnancy- maybe some sort of preparation for lactation?  Who can say for sure? But I'm trying to just ignore it and press forward to complete my tasks. Soon, I tell myself, I'll be done with all this and won't have a thought in my head or any issue in front of me but my Evangeline!

But in the meantime, every little ache and pain (and there are a lot of them, lol) makes me want to go "waaaaaaaaa!" and just sit down and refuse to continue.  Especially when it seems like for every issue at work and home that I fix-another one pops up! Maybe if i did do something nutty like that- just give into impulse- people would make a wide path around me and I could just lay back like the queen of Sheba without a worry in the world. Nah! Most likely, they'd all just stare at me and I'd have done nothing but wasted precious energy on tears.


This too shall pass, I'm sure! For now, we march forward to claim the long-awaited prize- my beautiful baby!  I really can't wait to see what she looks like from her hair to her nose to her toes and everything in between.!
That thought is always good for a big old smile!

3 comments:

  1. It's those darn hormones! Hope the rest of your week goes better for you. I can't wait to read about Evangeline soon. So exciting- my Rachel is turning 2 weeks today. Best of luck with your delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been pregnant & I have those days so don't feel bad...I cry at commercials...when they used 2 show those hallmark commercials or the humane society ones, BREAK OUT THE KLEENEX. Just reading ur blog I have gone thru almost a whole box & I think I am only 1/2 way thru...hugs, Deby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shouldn't have said, Just reading ur blog...I meant 2 say reading ur blog...that sounded like it shouldn't be tear worthy & let me tell u even if I wasn't a cry baby, I would still cry:D...giggle

    ReplyDelete