Monday, August 29, 2011

Frustrations

frus·tra·tion Noun/frəˈstrāSHən/1. The feeling of being upset or annoyed, esp. because of inability to change or achieve something.


So we went to the hospital today as planned. I was all psyched up, prayed up and determined to be braver than I felt. The amnio was a bit tougher than I remember. They only had access to one small pocket of fluid. Her umbilical cord was clogging up other places to pull from. I ended up having to get stuck three times, and all three times the needle was pulled in at angles trying to get through to the fluid. Finally we got a sample and we waited patiently. AT 11am, an hour before the scheduled surgery, they phoned to tell me her lung function levels weren't high enough.

You could have kncoked me over with a feather. At 37 weeks, 5 days, we all thought she'd be ready. The doctors are convinced she will be by next week. So convinced that we don't need to have another amnio. (Thank God!!) We go back the 7th of September to have it done. This time there IS no backing out. :)

I want to express my deepest thanks for all the prayers that went out today at noon. They were needed. Believe me, they were needed!  Now, I must go unpack all the things in the hospital bag that can't stay packed and maybe take a nap. May God bless you all!!

Romans 8:24-25 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.







4 comments:

  1. HUGE HUGS! I hate that you had to get stuck so many times, but thankful for the amnio! We want a healthy baby :) Love yall! Twana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Twana. You really are the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All in His timing. Just remember our Lord is sovereign and He is taking care of your lil girl. Many hugs and blessings.
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya know I thought she wasn't born til Sept but I thought, no she is writing that the baby is coming end of Aug...I KNEW I was right and of course being a female, I LOVE being right:D
    hugs, deby

    ReplyDelete